A Message From BSIS:
The Bureau of Security & Investigative Services (Bureau) continues to receive a high volume of deficient paper applications, initial and renewal. About 30% of the applications received are incomplete and/or are submitted on outdated application forms.
Deficient applications not only delay the issuance of a license to an applicant, but also impact the Bureau’s ability to process all license applications timely.
Most Common Deficiencies
- Submitting an outdated application.
- Not answering both conviction questions.
- The handwriting on the application is illegible.
- The applicant failed to sign the application.
- The address is incomplete.
- For a security guard initial application, the Certificate of Completion Serial Number field for the Powers to Arrest Training is blank.
To obtain the current application forms please visit: http://www.bsis.ca.gov/forms_pubs/index.shtml